Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Stressing over the Holidays? Join the Club !!!!

Ohhhhh the Holidays....can they come and go already. Just joking.  This is a stressful time of the year for me and for alot of people.  If you feel like it's too difficult to keep up the demands of the season...you are not alone.  I attempted to do some things differently and start my shopping early...well that didn't go so well. AND for the first time ever...I braved the crowds on Black Friday.  I saw a couple of deals, but nothing soo wonderful that I thought it was worth the effort of waiting in those long lines. I did meet some very funny women who were shall I say.... a little tired and "shop drunk".  They had been up for eight hours and it was only 8 in the morning. All I can say is...they were very very brave.

Today on Outreach Today we had some very interesting guests, who have the upper hand of all things "Holiday."  I learned that gift giving is one of the biggest stressors during this time of year.  Marcia Ramsland, The Organizing Pro shared some great tips to help you simply gift giving.

So if you are still looking for gifts and you're pulling your hair out already...Marcia suggests that you buy gifts in one major category or theme for the year: For example, all the women get jewelry, spa baskets, certificates or robes. Men get sporting events, restaurant certificates, or tools etc.  Marcia also suggests you order your gifts online and ship direct to someone else in the house to wrap and hide. Offer to return the favor. And finally Marcia suggests that you use the same "gift list" format year after year, and put people in the same order.  Then you can review last year's list to get ideas and not wonder "What did I give them last year?"  For more Holiday tips from Marcia be sure to check out her website www.organizingpro.com.

As for me....buying for my Dad is one of my biggest stressors.  He's really tough and will let you know if he doesn't like your gift.  Gone are the days when the cologne, ties and socks would make him smile.  This year I'm thinking about buying him a gift certificate for a massage or maybe to a vegetarian restaurant in the East Valley.  I hope he likes his gift, but if not...he WILL get over it and there's always next year!
First and foremost we should all realize the REAL reason for the season.

Good luck and I hope with these tips your Holidays are less stressful!  And thanks for listening to Outreach Today. If you have any questions on our show topics please give us a call at 866-472-5788.  You can listen to our show live online 10am Pacific/11am Mountain/12 Central and 1pm Eastern on Wednesdays. Thanks for being a part of our Outreach Today family!!!!

Eva Bowen,  Executive Producer - Outreach Today

No comments:

Post a Comment