Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Money, Money, Money: More Please

Hello Friends...
This weeks topic on Outreach Today is about MONEY and how to keep more of it in your pocket.
I must admit I have never had a great relationship with money...meaning I never budgeted accurately or put a plan in place.  When it was gone..it was gone and I was left to scrimp.  I believe like many of you this started way back in college when I was away from my parents. Those dang credit card kept coming in the mail and sometimes I used a gas card for food on the weekends.  Mind you I didn't have a job. I was on a full scholarship for basketball.  Even with my parents sending me money as often as they could..it wasn't easy.  Top Ramen 10 ways anyone ??? (chuckling)  Hmmm..

I digress..BUT some things I really should have learned at a very young age...I learned to late. I went into my adulthood with bad credit, which means I paid waaayyy to much for things that should have cost less. I aIso didn't get the best of what I wanted...I still yearn for that cute condo. lol... 


Anyway I am trying to teach my now 10-year old son about money.  In fact they are teaching this very valuable lesson in his classroom right now. They get paid for certain jobs they do (my son is a police officer) they get money taken away for taxes and other penalties. They have wallets and they buy and sell goods from each other. I love it... Last week their wonderful teacher kept taxing them for everything...even being able to sit in their seats.  The kids got a kick out of protesting about the tax and signing a petition. I learned about all of this from my son while I was driving him home from school.  The teacher cut the taxes in half. So cute, but more importantly such valuable lessons.

At 45 years old I'm looking forward to hearing from our experts on Wednesday to glean more knowledge about money and how to keep more of it my pocket...  I of course will share it with you.  If you have any money questions please send us an email at outreachtodayradio@yahoo.com - maybe we will ask the experts your question live on the show.

And remember if you have any questions on our show topics please give us a call at 866-472-5788.  You can listen to our show live online 10am Pacific/11am Mountain/12 Central and 1pm Eastern on Wednesdays. Thanks for being a part of our Outreach Today family!!!!


Eva Bowen, Executive Producer "Outreach Today"

No comments:

Post a Comment